Thursday, May 12, 2011

A Blessing in my Life!

I have said many times that one of the greatest blessings in my life as Pastor of Trinity is that I get to serve with not only a great staff, but also great friends. One of the greatest blessings I received was coming on a staff and having Bro. John Miller already in place. To say he has been an invaluable resource, a wonderful encourager, and outstanding historian would be an understatement. For 20 years Bro. John and his sweet wife Rosemary have ministered to the people of Trinity Baptist. He has been under 3 different Pastors during his tenure and worked with close to 60 staff members! He has shared with me wonderful insight as to where Trinity has been and why she responds the way she responds. I have never been part of a staff where I walked in to such love for a church and wisdom about a church, from one man. I have watched him face frustration, heartache and countless other emotions with a faith that never appeared to waiver. He has loved me as his Pastor, and these men who serve with him, in a way that pictures Christ. I love the Miller family; I respect his stand and loyalty to this Church and this staff, and most importantly to our Lord. In a day when you have Pastors and staff come and go almost yearly, Bro. John has illustrated to me personally the importance of planting one’s life and family in a place and serving.


There are things Bro. John has taught us by his actions and responses that could never been taught by lecture or even correction. The one word I would use to describe him is FAITHFUL! I can’t think of a better word for any Minister of the Gospel! 20 years - That should not only be celebrated, but that should be admired by everyone at Trinity. Bro. John and Mrs. Rosemary, “Thank you” for all that you do, for the incredible grace that you show and for the inspiration you are to each of us that serve with you. You encourage us to stay the course. I am honored and will be forever grateful to our Lord that He has seen fit for the two of us to serve Him side by side. Looking forward to the next 20 alongside you!

No comments: