In the past, I have shared some of the questions that I will ask our boys periodically during our family worship. Our boys have created some questions that they have asked us about themselves, which I may get them to compile for a future blog. I believe asking questions about what people closest to us see in our lives, and letting them reply freely without giving a great deal of feedback, is helpful. We can not and should not trust our own eyes to see blind spots and sin. A few weeks ago I sent our staff the link below, as just some questions to talk through with their wives. Because this particular blog is written for Pastors, I sifted through the questions and just wanted to suggest some for our men to ask their wives. On the next blog, I will have the top questions wives should ask their husbands. I hope you don’t just read these – but really take some time and ask these. Your marriage will be better for it!
-What can I do to make you feel loved and appreciated by me?
- What can I do to make you feel like I enjoy being with you more than anyone else?
- What are some things I can do to encourage you, spiritually?
- What can I do to help relieve the stress of life responsibilities?
- How can I best serve you in dealing with our children?
- What can I do to heighten your desire for physical intimacy?
- What can I do to make you feel our family is the priority over work?
- What can I do to help you grow in a love to serve our church?
- What kinds of moments when our family is together do you cherish the most?
The entire blog can be seen here: http://practicalshepherding.com/2011/05/25/what-questions-can-a-husband-ask-his-wife-to-encourage-needed-discussions/