Over the next two blogs I want to mention a number of practical ways we, as believers, can impact our neighborhoods and work places for Christ. We live and/or work around people who do not know the message of grace that comes through the Gospel of Christ. I came across a web-site of a church planter and, while I do not know his doctrine or convictions and am in no way endorsing him, I do admire how he weaves opportunities to witness in everyday life. So, on today’s blog I want to give you some of his ideas as to how to make an impact on your co-workers for Christ. Make a commitment to attempt at least one of the things on this list and use it as an opening to share the Gospel. I pray that God will use many of our people to bring the Gospel to those around us!
1. Instead of eating lunch alone, intentionally eat with other co-workers and learn their story.
2. Get to work early so you can spend some time praying for your co-workers and the day ahead.
3. Make it a daily priority to speak or write encouragement when someone does good work.
4. Bring extra snacks when you make your lunch to give away to others.
5. Bring breakfast (donuts, burritos, cereal, etc.) once a month for everyone in your department.
6. Organize a running/walking group in the before or after work.
7. Make a list of your co-workers birthdays and find a way to bless everyone on their birthday.
8. Organize and throw office parties as appropriate to your job.
9. Make every effort to avoid gossip in the office. Be a voice of thanksgiving not complaining.
10. Find others that live near you and create a car pool.
11. Offer to throw a shower for a co-worker who is having a baby.
12. Offer to cover for a co-worker who needs off for something.
13. Start a regular lunch out with co-workers (don’t be selective on the invites).
14. Ask someone who others typically ignore if you can grab them a soda/coffee while you’re out.
15. Be the first person to greet and welcome new people.
16. Make every effort to know the names of co-workers and clients along with their families.
17. Visit coworkers when they are in the hospital.
18. Go out of your way to talk to your janitors and cleaning people who most people overlook.
19. Find out your co-workers favorite music and make a playlist that includes as much as you can (if suitable for work).
20. Invite your co-workers in to the service projects you are already involved in.
21. Start/join a city league team with your co-workers.
22. Start a small business that will bless your community and create space for mission.
23. Work hard to reconcile co-workers who are fighting with one another.
24. Keep small candy, gum, or little snacks around to offer to others during a long day.
25. Lead the charge in organizing others to help co-workers in need.