Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Thankful for Trinity


We have been back from our Lovin’ Louisville Mission Trip for a couple of weeks now but I haven’t had time to mention this trip before now.  I wanted to express what a joy it was to watch our students serve Carlisle Avenue Baptist Church and the area of  downtown Louisville! We are so blessed to be a Church that is growing in our passion for missions and this passion runs from our children to our adults. Our mission trip to England has a waiting list, our group going to Arizona is coming together in a great way, and our outreach right here in DeSoto County is continuing to grow. It is an amazing thing that takes place when the people of God begin to focus on the Word of God and see the fields that are white with harvest! I want to encourage each member of Trinity to make a commitment to get involved in some type of mission trip whether it is local, national or international. We are called to make disciples. This begins right here at Trinity but it should continue as we go throughout the World. When I arrived at Trinity I had a desire to see our hunger for missions grow and, as we reset our missions strategy over 3 years ago, I never dreamed we would be where we are in this Kingdom work. I thank the Lord for Bro. Jeff and the missions team that do such an amazing job keeping a worldwide scope, and their need for the gospel in front of us in so many ways.

Most of the time, I want to use this blog to continue a thought concerning a sermon, or book, or to point you towards good resources or even other blogs. But I just wanted to use this short blog today to say I am so grateful for the work the Lord is doing through our membership at Trinity. We are incredibly blessed to see the vision of our overall church change from “what I want” to what the world needs! The gospel is permeating us in our parenting, in our worship and in our calling!  All for God’s glory. Let’s not grow weary in well doing, for we are in the Kingdom work and in that, let’s never lose focus. It is a great time to be part of the Trinity Family! 

No comments: